Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Thank You Letter of ORT's Medical Assistant Graduate



Through family I was referred to the school. I was working as a part-time hair stylist and wanted a career change. I signed up in Feb 2012 for the Medical Assistant Certificate Program. I have graduated in January 2013 and within 2 months was working in the field.
I really appreciated all the help my instructor, Dr. Nick, gave me with my studies. I had him for most of my core classes and he also provided me with extra assistance preparing for the various certifications.  It was very important for me to become certified as soon as possible. I am now certified as a Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA), Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) and EKG Technician (CET).
I work in the field as a Clinical Research Assistant/MA Coordinator for an Evanston Clinic.  My duties include everything that I learned in the MA program (patient care, administrative duties, lab work, phlebotomy, EKG, and also research coordinating).
I found my job through Craigslist and sent them a professional email stating that I was interested in volunteer work as a MA. Within a couple of weeks, I went from volunteering to a paid position. 

Thank you,
Anastasia

 

No comments:

Post a Comment