Monday, July 22, 2013

ORT Pharmacy Technician Graduate's Success Story

Our Pharmacy Technician graduate, Hanit Kleinman, shared with us some exciting news: she has been promoted from a temporary position at Caremark CVS to a new permanent full-time position as a Dispensing Technician! Congratulations Hanit! Way to go!
Please read her story of success below.



"I decided to study at ORT to pursue a new career and finish school in a reasonable timeframe. Since I am very detail oriented and enjoy multi-tasking, I could imagine myself working as a Pharmacy Technician. Originally, I started my current job as a temp and ended up being hired permanently, which required certification. I had taken the PTCB (Pharmacy Technician Certification Board) exam a month after graduating from ORT, since all the information was fresh in my memory.

What I like best about my job is filling prescriptions, and that is what I do for the majority of my day. I find it both relaxing and interesting. As a Dispensing Technician in a Mail Order Pharmacy (at CVS/Caremark), I fill a variety of prescriptions using refrigerated drugs, tablets, capsules, inhalers, liquids, injectables, suppositories, etc.  Also, I work with automated dispensing machines, stocking drugs in the machines and correcting machine errors in prescription orders by filling prescriptions by hand.  My goal is gaining as much pharmacy knowledge and experience as possible and to find challenging work opportunities.

Thanks to the ORT staff for being there for me in school.  ORT continues to be a place that I can always return to for advice. My advice to current students is to be optimistic about finding a job and confident when it comes to taking the certification exam. ORT did a great job preparing me for both.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment